Shileded Metal Arc Welding NCII
A program that will train you in welding carbon steel plate and pipe components.
Program Goals and Objectives
At the end of 268 hours/45 days of training, trainees will be able to:
- Develop their capabilities (knowledge, skills and attitude) in SHIELDED METAL ARC WELDING (SMAW) NC II in accordance with industry standards;
- Strengthen the core competencies to weld carbon steel plate and pipe components as specified by layout, blueprints, diagrams, work order, welding procedures or oral instructions using shielded metal arc welding equipment;
- 90% of trainees enrolled in SMAW NC II should have graduated;
- 100% of the graduates should have undergone the national competency assessment;
- 86% of those who were nationally assessed should have been certified; and
- 75% of SMAW NC II graduates should have been employed.